Mobile, Alabama – With the 2019 GCPL season approaching, registration for new players wishing to try out for AFC Mobile, the premier soccer team in Mobile, is now open.
“The open tryout is a valuable tool for me and my staff to evaluate the local talent and perhaps unearth the next rising star in the area for our team. I am really looking forward to seeing how we can potentially add to our dynamic and talented returning group,” said AFC Mobile Head Coach Steve Wieczorek.
AFC Mobile’s open tryouts are a major part of player identification for the team. Any player who is no longer high school eligible and is at least 17-years-old may try out for AFC Mobile’s 2019 roster.
This year, there will be two open tryout sessions. The first will be February 9th and the second on February 16th. Both tryouts will take place from 2:00-4:00 p.m. at Herndon/Sage Park in Mobile. Interested players are not required to attend both tryout sessions, but may do so if desired.
Players will have the opportunity to be evaluated by Coach Steve Wieczorek and his staff during tryouts.
- Saturday, February 9th and/or February 16th, 2019
- Tryouts will be from 2:00-4:00 p.m. (arrive at least half an hour early to check in and warm up)
- Herndon (Sage) Park, 2800 Dauphin Street, Mobile, Alabama
- Pay registration fee.
- Interested players MUST complete the following forms in order to tryout:
- If you register online prior to the day of the tryout you attend, the registration fee is $15. Walk-up registration on the day of the tryout is $25. Online registration will not be available on the day of each tryout. Players may, but are not required to, attend both tryouts. Players attending both tryout dates only need to complete one set of forms.
- Water will be provided, but bring a reusable water bottle and any snacks or gear that you’ll need
- Completed forms
- A size 5 soccer ball, properly inflated
- Shin guards, cleats, socks, black shorts, and white shirt
REGISTER HERE: [link to registration portal]