AFC Mobile seeks an National Premier Soccer League Head Coach to Coach AFC Mobile’s NPSL soccer team with duties including recruitment, tryouts, camps, practice planning, game coaching, fundraising, conditioning of athletes, maintenance of equipment, and arrange travel and meals within the club’s budget.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Essential Job Duties
- Development of a soccer specific plan, to include all AFC Mobile NPSL tryouts, scouting, player selection as well as all practice sessions and matches.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive player recruiting and retention program.
- Responsible for the management of the team at all AFC Mobile NPSL functions.
- Responsible for planning all AFC Mobile NPSL camps including the high school evaluation and play dates.
- Responsible for team selection for all matches and tournaments.
- Responsible for scheduling all practices, working with the assistant coaches and with the support of the AFC Mobile Board.
- Responsible for all inventory of equipment.
- Be a liaison between team AFC Mobile NPSL players and the AFC Mobile board through the Coaching Liaison.
- Must be able to interpret and apply rules and regulations of the National Premier Soccer League and the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup as well as its qualification.
- Must comply with industry standards for safety and participation.
- Knowledge of concussion management, CPR and First Aid.
- Create a productive, positive training environment to ensure growth of the individual soccer players as well as the club.
Job Activities to Include:
- Coaching players throughout the soccer season (late May through early August) and helping with club events and competitions. Coaching may include the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup if qualification is met.
- Assisting AFC Mobile in distributing team information, posters, and leaflets.
- Assisting AFC Mobile in selling sponsorships.
- Ensuring that the players and participants are operating within the rules of the sport and AFC Mobile while at home and away as a club.
- Assisting with collection of information and entries as necessary ensuring that all records are kept on database and information is disseminated as directed.
- Attending AFC Mobile NPSL events and meetings as necessary.
- Attending a monthly meeting with the AFC Mobile board of director.
- Adhering to all of the procedures and quality standards for delivery, management and administration of the NPSL and AFC Mobile.
- Undertaking all such other duties as the management of AFC Mobile shall direct.
- Maintaining the player pool including 10-15 local high school players in addition to college and graduated players to sustain a competitive NPSL-level team.
- Hours may vary due to practice time, facility availability, matches, tournaments, travel or extra training sessions.
Significant Decision Making/Influence
- Hiring, training,developing and overseeing assistant coaches.
- Planning and organizing all functions of AFC Mobile NPSL as needed for training sessions and selecting players for match/tournament days. The selection of players is to be based on these criteria:
- Documented ability during initial tryouts and if selected as an AFC Mobile NPSL player meeting the standard required to play at a high level.
- A minimum requirement of soccer specific conditioning.
- Practiced a set minimum during pre-season in which the match/tournament is set.
- The individual’s skill level meets and/or exceeds match participation.
There is a need to adhere to:
- General Health and Safety as it pertains to soccer
- The post holder will be able to refer matters to the AFC Mobile board on as necessary basis, for advice, guidance and consultation.
- Attendance at all practice sessions, matches and tournaments is required.
There is a need to adhere to:
- General health and safety as it pertains to the sport.
- Data protection.
- Player protection.
- Injury reports and prevention.
Records and Reports
Monthly reports and record keeping are expected.
The post holder will compile and record information, results, entries etc. All records and files need to be kept and communicated with the AFC Mobile board
Minimum Requirements Education and Experience
- The post holder is expected to have at least 1 to 2 years of relevant experience coaching soccer .
- USSF (US Soccer Federation) “C” License or higher coaching Certification is preferred but not required
- Event/Coaching qualifications and experience
- Flexibility to work irregular hours
- Full, clean driving license
- Extensive knowledge of both technical and tactical skills.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Plans, coordinates and delivers coaching sessions and workload to meet goals.
- Overcomes obstacles or refers problems to managers.
- Displays sensitivity, tact and diplomacy in all situations and reacts flexibly in responding to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Record, monitor and analyze information appropriate to this soccer club.
- Organizes the storage of information in an effective and accessible manner.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and demonstrates ability to work in a team.
- Able to implement plans and is constantly aware of progress as it adheres to health & safety requirements.
- Provides concise information and advice in a clear and explicit manner.
You must be logged in to post a comment.